Creathon City Istanbul: UNESCO Design City Istanbul Logo Contest took place in Habita Co-Working Istanbul on 17th and 18th February 2018 with the aim of designing logos to represent Istanbul as a design city on national and international platforms. In order to develop services and applications related to design and related fields, hundreds of applications have been received for designing logos of Istanbul in a fairly large-scale competition such as students, designers, developers or marketers. 40 teams determined after the preliminary evaluation; on 17th February, a 12-hour workshop in Habita designed the logo proposals, which they thought could represent Istanbul. During the elimination on February 18, the jury evaluated 53 logos designed by the members of the crew and determined the top 3 logos awarded in the professional and student categories.
Professional Category Student Category
1st Award: 6.000 TL 1st Award: 3.000 TL
2nd Award: 4.000 TL 2nd Award: 2.000 TL
3rd Award: 2.000 TL 3rd Award: 1.000 TL
• Prof. Dr. Çiğdem Polatoğlu, Yıldız Technical University Head of Architecture Department
• Prof. Dr. Burçin Cem Arabacıoğlu, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, President of Interior Design Project Discipline Coordinator
• Prof. Dr. Sinan Mert Şener, Istanbul Technical University, Faculty of Architecture Department of Architecture Instructor
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. Barış Atiker, Beykent University, Faculty of Fine Arts, Head of Graphic Design Department
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. Cem Doğan, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Interior Architecture Instructor
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gülname Turan, Istanbul Technical University, Faculty of Industrial Product Design Instructor, Rector Adviser and Corporate Communications Coordinator
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. Seza Sinanlar Uslu, Yıldız Technical University, Faculty of Art and Design, Art Department Instructor
• Ali Güleç, Founder of Ikiiki
• Serdar Ekrem Şirin, Turkey Design Foundation Board Member, CEO of Muse Istanbul
Click here to view the logos of the jury members' evaluation results.